Support Us by Donating Your Time & Sharing Your Knowledge
Our volunteers are our backbone. We, at Injot have been fortunate to have found dedicated volunteers who have supported our children and youth in various ways. A software engineer has come to Kokrajhar all the way from Kerala to teach IT Skills to our youth and teach Science and Mathematics at our learning centres in Kachugaon and Rangagaon (Kokrajhar district). Another committed team of local volunteers continue to teach various subjects at our learning centres while one volunteer provides skill based workshops like felt craft, embroidery, mask making, potli making amongst others.
Those volunteers who are unable to physically teach at the centres are taking remote classes on WhatsApp and Zoom – they are from different parts of Assam and one of them takes the classes from Maharashtra, and has been supporting our children to prepare for JNV (Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya) and Sainik school entrances.
It is not just in teaching that our volunteers have been active. Some of our volunteers who are locals in the areas of our operations have been helping us in community mobilisation, providing logistical support and coordinating for various projects with a smile on their faces, a sense of social justice and commitment to offer whatever one is capable of offering to the less privileged.
WHAT CAN YOU VOLUNTEER AS?
Learning Facilitator (Academics and Life Skills) in Kamrup Metro or Kokrajhar District
While knowledge of Assamese would be an asset, it is not mandatory. Functional knowledge of Hindi is essential in case you do not know any of the local languages like Assamese, or Santali in case of Kokrajhar.
Adult Education Facilitator for Kamrup Metro District (Amsing Village)
Knowledge of Assamese is a prerequisite. Classes will be held in the evenings after 5 pm. The travel time between Guwahati city centre and Amsing village is roughly 45 minutes.
Various Arts/Crafts and Livelihood Facilitator (Kamrup Metro and Kokrajhar Districts)
If you have a skill that you can share with the students and adults of the community, you are most welcome. For children it will be a fun learning activity while for the adults it may open up avenues for an alternative livelihood option.
Training Facilitator for Injot Team Members (Kokrajhar and Kamrup Districts)
If you are a trainer especially in learning and development, and would like to volunteer to conduct a few training sessions for our team members, it would support us in improvement of our work.
HOW TO SIGN UP AS AN INJOT VOLUNTEER?
TO SIGN UP AS A VOLUNTEER:
- Send us an email as an expression of interest along with your resume to email@example.com or leave us a WhatsApp message on +91 6901255488
- Please mention in your email or message in what way you would like to volunteer and in which district, unless you are open to both.
- Injot is a non-religious and non-political organisation; we do not accept volunteers who we feel may use Injot’s outreach to serve any religious or political purpose
- We believe our learning environment to be free of fear and joyful for our children and youth and we expect our volunteers to be aligned to that value
- Any government approved ID card (Passport, Voter’s ID, Aadhaar Card, PAN Card etc.)
- Any government approved Address Proof (Passport, Voter’s ID, Aadhaar Card)
VOLUNTEERS AT INJOT
Injot is a volunteer led organisation and we are immensely grateful to our volunteers who have given their time to support us in the past, and those who are still continuing to do so.